Why Learn DevOps
With apps becoming more and more integrated into daily life, the demand for development and operations (DevOps) talent who can maintain and advance these products increases. DevOps Engineers create methods that optimize apps, resolve software vulnerabilities, and safeguard against issues in the future. Leading the charge in digital evolution, DevOps engineers are well regarded in the IT sector and are in great demand by businesses. DevOps is increasingly becoming a popular field of study in technology, with plenty of opportunities for professional progression, high average wages, and a rising need for expertise.
The Demand for DevOps Experts
From Louisiana to the United States as a whole, DevOps experts are in high demand.
According to research from Burning Glass, the number of DevOps engineering roles in the US will increase by 24% over the next 10 years. Businesses of all industries and sizes are actively seeking DevOps professionals. Notable high-tech companies like IBM, CGI Group and Anthem Blue Cross are currently hiring.
Hiring for roles like DevOps Engineer, Platform Engineer, and Build Engineer, these companies are rapidly growing and building out their technical teams, and LSU DevOps Bootcamp grads will be well equipped for these roles and many others.
Upcoming Start Dates
About Fullstack Academy
Fullstack Academy is a top-ranked immersive school for tech training based in New York City. Fullstack offers comprehensive in-person and remote training opportunities across the U.S. and prepares students with the in-demand skills they need to launch fulfilling tech careers.
Graduates are assisted by a dedicated career service team and leave as members of the Fullstack community—a supportive alum network that can help open doors to future jobs in the Louisiana area and beyond.
Fullstack brings its learning method, reputation, and community to the LSU DevOps Bootcamp to make DevOps engineering skills more attainable for individuals outside of traditional tech hubs.
How the LSU DevOps Bootcamp Works
|26-week, part-time training program requiring no previous experience or knowledge in DevOps|
|You’ll receive professional development assistance—resume, networking, and interview guidance to jump-start a lucrative career in DevOps|
Part-Time DevOps Bootcamp
- Tuesdays & Thursdays || 6:00pm CT – 9:00pm CT
- Saturdays || 8:30am CT – 12:30pm CT
- Course Format: Live Online
There are many ways to pay for your bootcamp experience including self-pay, employer-pay, government assistance, scholarships and personal loans. Learn more about payment options.
Enrollment Deposit -
Tuition During Program - $12,396
Total Tuition - $12,495
For LSU alums, current students, and employees.
Military Scholarship for active-duty military and veterans (valid ID required).
*Offer eligibility: Upon admittance into the program, pay the $99 deposit in full prior to the enrollment date.
Big Return on Your Investment
Increase your earning potential with a new career in DevOps by learning in-demand skills in infrastructure, automation, AWS cloud development operations, AWS cloud management, and Python in just 26 weeks.
Entry-Level DevOps Engineers in the Baton Rouge area make an average salary of $112,200 (Burning Glass 2022), making it an exciting time to start a career in this growing field.
Graduates of the LSU DevOps Bootcamp will qualify for full-time DevOps positions that could earn them a starting salary that’s +88% higher than the average salary in the Baton Rouge area.
What You Will Learn
LSU utilizes official AWS Academy curriculum to offer cutting-edge education that will prepare you for a role in the growing field of cloud computing.
- The program includes labs and courseware from both Fullstack and AWS Academy, blended into a unique fast-track student experience to train you from beginner to certified devops engineer in 26 weeks.
- The curriculum is designed to help students develop technical expertise in cloud computing and help them prepare for AWS Certification.
- AWS Certifications recognize individuals with the technical skills and expertise to design, deploy, and operate applications and operations on AWS.
- Introduction to Linux Systems Architecture
- Core System Commands
- Systems Administration
- Shell Scripting Basics
- Distributions and Building from Source
- Security Hardening
- Device and OSI Concepts
- Routing and Switching
- Ports and Protocols
- Enterprise Firewalls
- Proxies and Payload Inspection
- Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
- Cloud Models and Shared Responsibilities Overview
- AWS Well-Architected Framework and Pillars
- VPCs: Native and Hybrid Network Connectivity
- Identity Access Management and Permissions
- Migration Practices and Architectures
- AWS Operational Security Best Practices
- Python Overview and Common Use Cases
- Using builtin functions and libraries
- Data Types and Structures
- Standard Data Input and Output
- Using Decision Controls
- Create Modularity with Functions
- Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC)
- Translate and Port Code
- Standardizing Data for Producers and Consumers
- Source Code Operations
- Secure Coding Practices
- Secure CI/CD
- Designing for High Availability
- Automating your Infrastructure
- Designing Web-Scale Media
- Kick Off and Team Assignments
- Scope and Level of Effort Due
- Technical Architecture and Data Flow Diagrams Due
- Developing Storage Solutions with Amazon S3
- Developing NoSQL Solutions with Amazon Dynamo DB
- Caching Information for Scalability
- Establish Dev Environment and Begin Prototyping
- Tooling and Automations
- Computing (servers)
- Monitoring and Security
- Continue Coding and Sprint Executions
- Code deployment
- Build a technical resume and craft cover letters
- Optimize your LinkedIn profile and network within the industry
- Personalized 1-1 coaching with interview and negotiation training
As a part of the DevOps program, students will be prepared to earn the most in-demand industry certifications. Taking these certifications is optional but highly recommended for career success. Students can choose to take certification exams during or directly after the program.
AWS Certified Developer - Associate
Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- Knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies
- Defining solutions using architectural design principles based on customer requirements
- Providing implementation guidance based on best practices to the organization throughout the life cycle of the project
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS
- Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
- Migrating on-premises workloads to AWS
LSU DevOps Bootcamp Certificate
- Awarded upon successful completion of the LSU DevOps Bootcamp.
Study part-time to get the in-demand skills you need to launchyour tech career, plus job search support to help you land a role.
As part of the LSU DevOps Bootcamp, you’ll learn automation, infrastructure, Python, and more. You’ll participate in workshops to strengthen your skills and develop a portfolio to show employers. Our career coaches will also give you career guidance along the way—from resume assistance to behavioral and technical interviews coaching. By combining our rigorous, hands-on curriculum with career support, you’ll gain a competitive edge when it comes time to job search.
Fullstack Academy grads are highly sought after by some of the world’s leading companies.
*LSU Tech Bootcamps are powered by Fullstack Academy and utilize the same award-winning curriculum. The companies listed above have hired Fullstack Academy NYC graduates
Who Should Attend
The LSU DevOps Bootcamp is specifically designed for beginners. There’s no experience required to apply, be accepted, or to succeed.
Successful bootcamp students have backgrounds in:
If this sounds like you, apply today and join others just like you on the first steps to a life-changing career.
The DevOps curriculum covers these main topics: 1. Linux; 2. Networking; 3. AWS; 4. Python and 5. Enterprise DevOps. From there, students work on learning key DevOps skills and concepts through the Cloud Architecting, Cloud Developing and Cloud Operations courses from AWS Academy. Grads of the LSU DevOps Bootcamp learn the skills they need to be qualified for entry-level roles like DevOps Professional and Release Engineer.
For a syllabus on your program of interest, click here and fill out the form.
Yes, the Louisiana State University DevOps Bootcamp is beginner-friendly. It’s specifically designed for professionals who have no previous experience in DevOps. While some background knowledge is helpful, the only expectation is that students have general computer literacy skills in basics like using the internet.
As part of the bootcamp program, we'll train you to earn three of the most in-demand certifications in the field of DevOps
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
Taking each certification exam is optional but highly recommended for career success. If you feel like you're ready, then take the exams as you go through the bootcamp. Otherwise, we recommend earning the certifications soon after you graduate.
You will pay the exam fee at the testing center where you take your exam(s). The cost for the AWS certification exams is currently $150 each.
As part of this program, you will create an account on Amazon Web Services then work on it. You should plan to spend up to $300 on your AWS account as you work through the bootcamp.
Your time with our career success team will include everything from workshops to one-on-one office hours to phone chats before big interviews. And on top of all that, the team will be working behind the scenes to find openings that are right for you and staying up-to-date on the latest recruiting trends to make sure they prepare you for everything.
Apply to study part-time at the LSU DevOps Bootcamp.
- Fill out our online application form
- Take our nontechnical assessment
- No DevOps experience required
- Covers logical reasoning
- Sent to you immediately upon submission of application
- Receive an entrance decision